Wednesday, June 25, 2008

potassium


did you know that potassium is an electrolyte and a mineral???? did you know that low potassium isn't good for you...well, i discovered that the hard way two weeks ago while i was being infused with potassium before my surgery....it' causes weak muscles, fatigue, cramps in the legs........all sorts of things.....i am now working on bringing that level up and did you know......yogurt has 260 mg of potassium in each 6 oz serving and.......7% of your daily potassium needed!!! wowzaaaa so that is my lunch or my breakfast now.....a yogurt with a side of granola.....how exciting is that!!! so all you ladies out there that take a diuretic....you better check your potassium level!!!

3 comments:

dizzysnux said...

it's funny i never had any trouble and i take water pills too... I do
eat yogurt... Maybe sometimes my weak spells are from that... who knows....
all company gone and i need sleep before going to Hornell...
hugs.

Justine said...

You have become so educated. I bet you will be feeling really great by the time I visit you. I won't be able to keep up with you, but I never have been able to.

Anonymous said...

Do you remember Bev Brown's mother in Hemet? I visited her in the hospital when we thought we were losing her. We started talking about the funeral. They gave her postassium, she rebounded in twenty-four hours, was a different woman and lived many more years. Yes, potassium is pretty essential. Eat your banannas. - dad