Thursday, October 14, 2010
memories of grandparents......
i think it's so important to remember grandparents....and to make sure our children remember their great grandparents......i was recently visiting my friend justine and i made it a point to stop by my grandparents grave...(now i know they aren't there folks....i am positive they are with the Lord in heaven) however i like to visit cemeteries...my dad used to take us kids out looking at headstones when we were young, i have a great friend in ohio who restores old cemeteries and also hosts walking tours of his hometown cemetery...it's interesting....and full of history....but as i stopped and took a few shots of where we laid them to rest....my mind goes back to all the great memories of them...all the times we spent together....they are precious to me and i want my kids to know how much they meant to me.....it's a celebration of life.....and when they are gone, the memories are all we have to hold on to......until we meet again.....




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
How wonderful that you did that.. thanks honey..... mom and dad were special and have so many memories of them both, especially of my dad... who loved the Lord jesus with all his heart and was a funny man.. Mom was more reserved, but loved the Lord too.
Awe...thanks for stopping there and taking these. Lots of memories of Grandpa and Grandma Knight. Many that make me giggle:)
Pam!!!
Of course I remember you! How fun that you live in this great state too! I just now saw your comment, I am not the best at blogging regularly. I'm going to look for you on fb. My hubby is a dentist and I STILL want to be a hygenist when I grow up...we just keep on having kids. I want to wait till the youngest starts school. So good to hear from you:)Love this post, it is so important to honor and think about our ancestors.
ps, I can't remember your last name so will you please find me on fb? We aren't far from you! I would love to meet up and go shopping or something! I think Frisco is half way-they have a great mall:)
So nice Pam. We have never been able to see their headstone. Thanks!
Post a Comment