Tuesday, May 17, 2011

eight was great!

time: 1973
place: oscoda, michigan

we were invited to oscoda michigan with families from our church in michigan...i loved these families...one in particular....and i was so excited to be included in their vacation....the kids were a bit older than i was and i had huge crushes on a few of the boys....but they put up with me...they liked me...and we still to this day keep in touch.....but the coolest thing was the swing set over lake michigan...i mean you would swing and be out in the water....i loved it!!! i still love to swing....the smell of the lake, the sun setting, the cool breeze on my chub chub face....aaaaaaaaaaahhh sweet memories of summertime!

2 comments:

Sherrill Christen said...

i loved that summer too... stayed with Judy Engelman..... how fun...
Jack picked blueberries and i made a pie...... Memories...........

Berlea's Mind said...

I have memories too of being a kid and going to the Poconos with all our Philly friends. I also had a crush on one of the boys.
I can see your cute face there, you were probably invited because you were the life of the party.