Wednesday, April 9, 2008

jesus loves me this i know

i had a precious patient yesterday in my chair.....a sweet old lady in the end stages of alzheimer's.... she was brought in by her daughter and it was my job to take care of her and try to clean her teeth...she was very cooperative and let me get my job done...we waited awhile for her daughter to be done....she repeated herself often and didn't know who even brought her to the appointment...as i sat and looked at her (she didn't know i was looking right in her eyes) i decided to sing her a song...jesus loves me....as i started out with "jesus loves me" she answered "this i know"....and together we finished the song....we sang it over and over again and each time...i had to wipe tears from her eyes....it was so precious to realize that even though she doesn't really remember anything...that the words of that song and the truths of that song touched her heart!!

5 comments:

Justine said...

You are the sweetest person I know. I was in tears reading your blog.

Berlea's Mind said...

Pam, sounds just like you. You are so dear. Made me cry too!

dizzysnux said...

well i have to say the same with tears....that's my pam!!!!
I trust you will treat me that way when i am old and the mind gone??
I'm home call me.....

Kelly said...

I've told you once before. I want you to take care of me when I am old and gray! You are so wonderful:)

Kim Estill said...

Pam,
Ok I'm crying like a baby after reading that blog.You are a very special person with a very big heart.